The Future Chapters

Do you ever settle into the couch with a blanket thrown over you and open up a story? Do you like hearing the quiet crack of the pages as they pull away from each other?  I know I do. I love to read and I always have loved books.  Sometimes I get caught not knowing what to read next so I end up not reading anything until I can find a book that interests me.   So, I try to keep a running list in my head of books that I’ve seen in stores, heard about from a friend, or even books I’ve read about in reviews. Having a list of books for the future, whether it is in your head or in type, ensures a lot more read-on-the-couch type days.

Books for the Future!

daughters book1.  I would really like to read The Daughters Break the Rules by Joanna Philbin.  Last summer I read The Daughters, the book that comes before this new one. I really liked The Daughters because it was about a couple of girls who lived with famous parents.  While I don’t know what that is like, the book was still easy to connect to because the girls did things that normal girls do, like go to school and dealing with insecurity.

movers22.Another book that I would like to read is Movers and Fakers by Lisi Harrison.  This book is the second in the series Alphas.  I read the first “Alphas” book and I enjoyed it.  The books are based at a school that only leaders are invited to. I think that this is an interesting idea that would make for an interesting book.

book_espressologist3.  The last book that I’d like to read is The Espressologist by Kristina Springer. The book is about a teenage girl and her job making coffee. I found this book on the Reading Public Library’s website. There was a review on the book that implied that teenagers would enjoy reading The Espressologist. I think having somebody write a review saying that kids around my age would like the book gives me reason to think I would enjoy reading it.

Last week I finished the book My Life in Pink and Green by Lisa Greemwald. It was a quick read and it was pretty good.  Sounds like it’s time to find a new book!